Current COVID-19 cases at Yee Hong
Staff and family members receive detailed information by email when case counts change at their LTC Centre.
Yee Hong responds to COVID-19
Last updated: May 6, 2021, 3:10pm
Call the Yee Hong COVID-19 Vaccine Support Hotline 416-412-4570 to get more information on COVID vaccinations. We are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, if you need help to schedule a vaccine appointment in Toronto, Peel or York Regions.
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are running as normal:
- Long term care for residents of Yee Hong Centre
- Other Yee Hong facilities
- Yee Hong P. K. Kwok Hospice
- Yee Hong Garden Terrace
- Chinese Evergreen Manor
- Community Services
- COVID-19 Vaccine Support Hotline
- Active Seniors Program (online, limited)
- Care-Learning online information and resources
- Community Services Online
- Day and congregate dining programs (limited in-person attendance or online)
- Home Support Services
- North Toronto COVID-19 Community Response Team
- Paid home care services
- Training and Learning Centre – PSW program (online)
- Volunteer Services (online or phone)
- Yee Hong Meals on Wheels Services
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are cancelled/suspended until further notice:
- In-person family visiting
- Volunteer Services (in-person services suspended at LTC centres)
- Transportation services
- Caregiver Education & Resource Centre
- Active senior programs (in-person)
May 5, 2021 – Two Mississauga Centre employees test positive for COVID-19
Another employee who does not have contact with our residents also notified us of a positive COVID test administered outside Yee Hong, for a total of two positive tests among Mississauga Centre staff. After consulting with Peel Public Health, both employees are quarantined at home and no additional precautions are required.
Apr 19, 2021 – Positive test during McNicoll Centre employee surveillance screen for COVID-19
Apr 5, 2021 – Positive test during Mississauga Centre employee surveillance screen for COVID-19
Mar 25, 2021 – Grocery Delivery Service
Healthy, affordable food can be hard to find. For people in need Yee Hong offers a volunteer-based grocery delivery service. We’re supporting seniors and individuals living with a disability or low income during the pandemic. Details are available here. Please call Agnes Cheung at (416) 412-4571 ext. 2603, or email Agnes.Cheung@yeehong.com to register and place orders.
Every week, clients have the option of ordering one or more of the preset grocery packages and have them delivered to their homes by one of our volunteers on Friday afternoon. Clients only need to pay for the value of the package. No taxes or other fees will be added for delivery.
Mar 11, 2021 – Yee Hong COVID-19 Vaccine Support Hotline
Yee Hong encourages everyone to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as you become eligible. We all have a role to play: get inoculated to protect yourself, our elders and other loved ones.
Yee Hong’s Community and Professional Services is ready to take your questions and help you to register once you become eligible for COVID vaccination. Phone us at the CPS Vaccine Support Hotline 416-412-4570 to get more information. Social workers are available Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 5:00 if you or a loved one need help to schedule a vaccine appointment in Toronto, Peel or York Regions.
Mar 2, 2021 – New government rules at Yee Hong front entrances
Security guards are now responsible for the screening process at our front entrances and everyone entering a Yee Hong Centre will give a sample for rapid antigen testing. The government’s new directive applies to all long-term care homes in Ontario.
Everyone entering a Yee Hong Centre is screened for COVID-19 symptoms, recent travel and evidence of fever. A uniformed guard has been added to the process to create third-party oversight of screening questions and temperature checks.
Rapid antigen test kits for COVID-19 surveillance are also being adopted at long-term care entrances. Everyone will be tested when they enter a Yee Hong Centre, and wait briefly in our lobby for their test result. Each week you will be required to test a maximum of three times for essential visitors, Yee Hong staff, students, physicians and contractors. Rapid test kits produce a result within 15 minutes, and most people find it much less invasive to collect a sample than for deep nasopharyngeal swab testing we used previously in Ontario.
The new measures begin in phases at all Yee Hong Centres and will be fully implemented in March.
Feb 13, 2021 – Happy Chinese New Year!
Connecting Family with Residents
Video chat instructions
Care Package Drop-off
- Drop-off service is available Mon-Fri 10:00am-2:00pm
- DO include: clothing, reading, gifts, photos and mementos
- DO NOT include: food, drinks or valuables
- Items will be cleaned and disinfected by Yee Hong staff before delivery. Yee Hong is NOT responsible for any damage that occurs due to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Place items in clear packaging so contents can be easily identified
- Add label with following information:
- Resident’s name
- Resident’s room number
- List of contents
- Your contact information
- Drop-off date
- Enter front door and drop off your package with staff at the screening desk
- For contact tracing purposes, all absences are scheduled by completing the online request form.
- All residents will be screened before departure and upon return from their absence.
- We will seek consent to test the resident upon return from their absence.
- We will follow our current protocol and isolate the resident upon return from their absence, regardless of the duration of the absence, for 14 days.
- We will follow our current protocols which is aligned with the Public Health COVID-19 Testing Guidance and if any resident exhibits any typical or atypical symptoms they must be isolated and tested for COVID-19 in accordance with Directive #3.
- Download and read Yee Hong’s visitor and absence protocols
- Complete the Resident Absence Request Form online for an outing with a resident
Please note that no visitation will be allowed when an outbreak is declared in a home. A home on outbreak will follow outbreak protocol and visits and outings are closely monitored and allowed only when deemed as essential visitors.